Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Pigs Meal and other mixed metaphors

All my life all my mother ever seemed to want was for me to make my bed, voluntarily.


After 28 years her wish has come true.

Although it was not without drama and after 10 minutes (I am very unskilled at bed making) of attempting to return the duvet inner to its cover, I exclaimed to myself  "well you've made a pigs meal out of this!"

It must been one of those days. You know the kind where you forget words like car and have to ask your flatmate to take you to the shop in the thing with wheels while you act out turning the steering wheel and changing gears - even though she drives an auto.

Yeah well, because of that,  it took me a while to figure out which sayings I had muddled.

Just in case you're having the same mental block I was; I made a pigs ear of the duvet.

Now I'm making a meal of it.

Happy Mothers Day



I also made you a card*




* apologies to Hallmark, my friend bought this for her mum but there were none left when I went back and the other options just didn't quite express the right sentiment. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh the trials and tribulations of making one's bed...love the card though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats up with the copy write infringement on the card dudeettee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, at least I attributed it, even if its not quite APA style :-)

    ReplyDelete