Monday, April 25, 2011

A Dancing Star is Born

It is done!!!


I have come up with a name for a blog; a soapbox is created. 

This reminds me of a quote, which google tells me is from this guy - 

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star”.

I love this quote. The idea that something beautiful and elegant not only can be but has to be created from a state of disorder. 

I guess it makes me feel  hopeful  certain that something Great must result from the meandering mess that trails me.

However this blog is unlikely to be Great. It will most probably be a meandering mess.

There is no theme and my posts will no doubt be be sporadic.
 
They will also contain spelling and grammatical errors - not because I can't edit (people have let me edit actual newspapers), but because sometimes I just can't be bothered to fix the typos. 

I will prattle on about whatever takes my fancy. 

Future posts will ideally include:

Current affairs

Politics

Witty observations

Well crafted opinions

Serious book reviews

Future posts are more likely to include:

Cocktail recipes

Rants

Blatant self-promotion

Shoes, dresses and smiley faces

Pictures of angry kittens


Also A number (2) friends have suggested I give advice. Apparently I'm quite good at this. Personally I prefer to live by the adage "never trust a skinny cook".

So with that in mind I will advice anyone on anything, serious or silly. If no one asks a question I will give unsolicited advice on questions people have asked real agony aunts, for no reason other than I can.




5 comments:

  1. Yay - what a beautiful soapbox. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jay Jay, you're just seduced by all the books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star”.

    Is this some sort of a metaphor? All I need to have within me to give birth to a dancing star is tequila. Dance dance dance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha something similar to take came to my mind as well except more along the line of an accidental child that grew up to be Vegas stripper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you know me too well...such pretty little books. But I am interested to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete